Saturday, October 5, 2013

Southern slang is easier....

Hey y'all! 

My Spanish is taking a long time to catch on, so I thought I would stick to the southern slang. 
I have had some funny conversations with people, trying to use body language and motions. Thank God, Holly or someone is usually close by to help me out and translate! LOL. 
First off, I would like to bring most of the children that I have met, home with me to the US. Sorry, mom and dad haha. They are seriously the most adorable kids I have ever seen in my entire life and I can't even handle it! It has been a pleasure to meet the people that I have so far and I'm so excited for the next six and a half weeks that are ahead of me. 

I was laughing to Richie this morning, that it's by the grace of God that you survive each car ride down here. Joking, but not. At least they all know what they are doing. 
I have learned that air conditioning is a privilege! For those of us in the states who have air conditioning and complain when it's 85 degrees out, we need to hush and be thankful. We are a truly blessed country, even more than we could ever possibly comprehend!

Holly joked that every traffic light is a chance to Christmas shop, because of all of the people that try to sell you stuff, every time you stop...or if you are me, you may even get proposed to, while stopped at a light. No, I am not kidding. Although they have to translate, the things that some of the men have said literally kills me with laughter. 

I almost half expected myself to immediately miss everything at home, but surprisingly enough I haven't felt it yet. Perhaps it is because I know I am exactly where God wants me, for this short period of time. 
I am so thankful that I even have the opportunity to be here and I pray that somehow God can use me for good! 

Talk to y'all soon! 
- Rachel xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment